Looking for work can be a daunting process, it can be hard work, but if you put in some effort at the start of the process the rewards can be amazing. Here are some tips that will help you to make the most of your next move. We hope it helps you in your search.
- Write down on paper why you are leaving your current role, and be honest. At the end of the recruitment process you will be offered a new role and your current company will give you a counter offer. Does the counter offer cover the issues you had in the first instance? (it will probably just be more money)
- Spend some time on your CV – This does not mean just adding to it, you need a short and concise CV, it needs to get to the point, be well formatted and look amazing. Have a look at our page aimed at helping you http://www.initi8recruitment.com/candidates/how-to-write-a-cv/
- Make sure you supply a phone number and make sure your answerphone works. Every agent, hiring manager or internal recruiter will want to talk to you rather than just process your CV. They will call and arrange a time to speak or meet. Don’t make this over complicated.
- Make sure you can talk knowledgeably about everything on your CV. If you can’t, remove it.
- Write down some interview questions that you might get asked, answer them in written form, and practice delivering them. There is no excuse for not being able to answer; Why are you looking for work? Where do you want to be in five years? How do you like to be managed? Tell me about when you have dealt with conflict in your role?
- Open a dialogue with specialist recruiters in your space. You can do that by searching for relevant roles on job boards or taking referrals from your peers.
- Make some decisions early; Know what you are looking for and know what you will expect in a new role. Make the process happen quicker by setting out your criteria early on (location, contract or perm, salary, role) every recruiter will appreciate that you have put some thought in.
- Keep a record of where you have gone and who has sent you.
Initi8 recruitment is a specialist in the recruitment of IT, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence & CRM Professionals. If you need some help finding the "right" next role get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 092 8190.